Terms and conditions
Website terms and conditions
These terms are subject to change without notice. You should therefore visit this page regularly to check the latest version. The continued use of this site after a change to the terms has been made is your acceptance of the change. The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- The content on this website is for your information and use only.
- We make every effort to keep the information up-to-date and correct, but neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. By using this website, you acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we exclude liability for any inaccuracies or errors.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is at your own risk. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the guidelines below.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the BCLT. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability or content of the linked pages. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
- You may link directly to this website. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Our pages must load into the user’s entire window.
- While every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly, the BCLT takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Copyright notice and guidelines
This website and its content are the copyright of the British Centre for Literary Translation - © British Centre for Literary Translation 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content of the public section of this website to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge BCLT as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The BCLT logo may not be downloaded from the website without prior consent. If you wish to use a copy of the centre's logo contact us. Please give details of your intended use and include your contact details: name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. However, it is always wise for you to run an anti-virus programme on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Information about translation prizes, grants, residencies and other professional development opportunities find out more
Apply now for the 2013 Summer School find out more