International Literary Translation & Creative Writing Summer School
Delivered by the British Centre for Literary Translation in partnership with the National Centre for Writing
The International Literary Translation & Creative Writing Summer School 2021 will take place ONLINE (19-23 July 2021). Applications for the 2021 Summer School will open in January 2021.
The online Summer School includes many of our regular activities plus a few different sessions unique to the new online format:
- Language-specific workshop strands (languages to be announced later this year)
- Multilingual workshop strands for those translating from any language into English
- Training the Trainer workshop strand for more experienced translators who are interested in running literary translation workshops in their home country
- All workshops are designed to encourage collaboration and peer learning in a small group setting (maximum of 10 translators in a group).
- Creative Writing workshops
- Author and translator readings
- Plenary panels with industry professionals
- Short talks on hot topics
- Optional online evening social events
The plenary sessions and short talks from the 2020 Summer School are now available to watch on our YouTube Channel.
This video is from our 2019 Summer School and will give you an overview of the physical event: